Saturday, January 30, 2010

Assignment 1 - The 4 sketches + 2 roughs

Anneonghaseyo (it means hello in korean)!

The Korean module really takes up a lot of my time. Struggling with the new language and the workload of other modules. I think 24 hours a day is not enough!

I have completed the 4 sketches and the 2 required roughs long before tutorial class last week. However, when I saw everyone's work on Monday, I decided not to show my 2 roughs to the class as I felt embarrassed by it. >.<

So here goes:


Basically, these 4 sketches are based on my personality as well as my likes.

The cake at the top left shows my love for cakes and baking. I attempted baking several times but due to the lack of oven space, I was never able to bake a big cake. So this picture sort of shows the type of cake I hope to bake.

The picture on the top right was suggested to me by my friend when I asked him for ideas. The first thing that came to his mind was the UFO catcher. I have to admit that I have got a bad addiction to UFO catchers. I deliberately integrated my names into the toys (although not very well done).

Shoes especially sneakers are my love. I have a very bad habit of buying sneakers when I am traveling overseas as well. Another expensive hobby of mine. Honestly, someone should just lock me up at home.

The last picture, bottom right, is my favourite. I love to travel a lot and as I have mentioned, I daydream a lot. That's why I added wings to the ship, it represented some sort of a dreamy atmosphere. I chose to draw a ship instead of a plane because I feel that it adds a more adventurous feel to the ship. So the story for the picture was basically this:

The ship represents me, an adventurous traveler with a sweet tooth who ventures around in search for delicious cakes and desserts.

Thus, I tried to improve on the last sketch. The resulting look was this:


Like I said, I wasn't too happy with the roughs so I am currently working on it to improve the ship. I am trying to integrate my name into the ship as well. I hope it works. The initial plan was to morph my names into planks and make it look like its popping out of the ship. You know, the 3D kind of feel. But I was afraid it might fall into the gray area, so I am trying very hard to integrate my name into the ship instead. No easy feat I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment